Monday, January 31, 2011

mist o'er the river

So as I wrote about in my previous post, this....



...was the view I had of the river one morning after it had snowed. There is a park along the river - Unity Park - and I thought I could easily park in the lot there and take out my tripod and set up for a few shots. BUT the "lot" was no longer a lot, and simply a heap of snow. There was a car behind me, so I was forced to head up the hill and make a circle to come back around.

By the time I got back, the mist was fading, so I knew I had to act quickly. By the time I was done with my shot and had driven up the hill, all the mist/dew was gone.

Talk about nearly missing a moment! It's amazing what you can miss when you're too busy looking elsewhere. And even when you ARE looking in the right direction, what you want to capture may last but for a moment of time.

In writing out my action plan post-Hallmark, I am struggling to think of what's coming next...what I could potentially "miss" if I am not looking in the right direction. I know in my head what I'd like to do, but don't know if it will/ can be actualized. Many of you have asked about my back. For those who don't know, I have herniated (now ruptured) discs in my lower back which are causing me quite a bit of pain. I have (since August) had 2 epidural shots, and neither seems to have worked. My most recent one was over Christmas break. I don't feel any better. I go to bed with a heating pad every night. I wake up and take medicine every morning and when I left even my bags to school, I can pinpoint the pain to the exact spot where the discs are.

So thinking about finishing here and moving into what's next, I consider my back. I also have to consider my market. Where will I "advertise" my services? Is it advisable to get another (more stable) job and find one that can be flexible with my photography? I want to shoot weddings, most of which occur on weekends. Could I work full-time AND do the passion I've been desperate to pursue? Will I have time to edit and run a business while working?

All of these questions are making me think HARD about the next step. But it's comforting to know that He knows the next step. He knows the desires of my heart and I am resting in knowing that His plan is perfect.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment