Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My OCD life

I know I am a bit odd in the way that I do things, but the "order" in my life helps me prioritize what I need to do.

With having so many assignments that need to get completed, about two months ago I knew I needed a handy way to keep myself up-to-date on what was due when and the details. Of course my binder is completely organized - sectioned off and papers neatly hole-punched and in their proper sections. My assignments are even in alphabetical and numerical order, based on the 7 sections that Hallmark is broken up into.

The ARTEC (art and technique) are all together...as are DESIA (Design and Imaging Arts), DIGIM (digital imaging), MARKT (marketing), MANGT (management), and so on.

But I still needed a way to know what was due on what date, time, who assigned in, a descriptor of the assignment, so I came up with THIS...



I know it's seemingly a bit archaic to HAND WRITE it, but it works for me...and when others ask me something about an assignment, I turn to my handy sheet and wait for them to call me a nerd; however, I've had most either copy my list or tell me I am super organized and then they come and ask me for due dates all the time, knowing I'll get right to it quickly.

As you can see, we have a lot to do, and they like 7:45am as the time for submission. Remember if it's 7:45:01, the assignment is LATE and the dropbox is taken down. Typically I submit mine the evening before and don't worry about coming in early and panicking to get assignments done in the morning.

So as soon as I get an assignment, I go to my list, write it down, then hole-punch it, stick it in its proper section, and affix a small strip of a post-it note to the actual page of the assgnmt. The post-it comes off after submission.

Here's to organization and good planning!! :) Hopefully this system stays in tact throughout Phase 3 and 4.
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. You always were great with the details, deadlines and professionalism! You are inspiration to me, as you have been before! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. are *an* inspiration to me ;)figures

    ReplyDelete