Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Introducing.....Sarah Zimmerman Photography

I am proud to announce the "official" beginning of my business - Sarah Zimmerman Photography.

Our instructors have been prepping us to get our business off and running, including the acquisition of a domain name, opening up a bank account, getting an EIN (employee identification number) and starting up a QuickBooks company. I have done 3 out of the 4....I only have yet to open up a bank account.

And today I sent out my very FIRST invoice for a wedding I am doing in May. It felt so weird - but completely great, yet humbling - to know that I am IN BUSINESS!

Sadly, I don't have any business cards yet. I might make a generic one up soon, so I have something to give out. We did our self-promotion piece back in November, but that's a lot larger a promo piece than I'd like to hand out.

But, if you know of anyone looking for a photographer (for senior portraits, babies, maternity shots, families, weddings, etc.), please feel free to pass along my name.

I tried to get the domain www.sarahzimmerman.com but it's already taken, so I had to opt for www.sarahzimmermanphotography.com
I know, it's long, but relatively easy. If you try going to the site, it will lead you nowhere. You have to buy a domain, but then you have to get a host for the domain to actually put content on. But so no one buys my domain, I had to buy it. In the coming months, though, you will definitely hear some updates and that website will be active SOON!

Here's to a new year, the start of a new business, another graduation, hopefully the completion of my master's degree, and lots of other fun and exciting new adventures!!!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Sarah! I can't wait to see your business thriving! I will always recommend you!

    ReplyDelete