Thursday, January 20, 2011

Art Historical Reference

Before Christmas, we were given an assignment entitled "Art Historical Reference Photograph", wherein we needed to reproduce a piece of art photographically. I had so many ideas I wanted to do, but they all seemed really challenging because the ones I selected were outdoors and with the weather and lighting, it'd be really hard to re-create it.

So I decided to do a vintage VOGUE cover from 1950.

On the left is the cover (obviously) and on the right is my interpretation of it:



Kinda looks similar, don't ya think?

I had a really fun time learning - with the help of friends - how to add text and design elements and make lipstick that was red appear darker.

Thanks Rikki and Garrett for helping me!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment