Friday, April 22, 2011

Ruby's Pink Party

I went to Thailand in 2008 for PBU - the university I worked for - as the director of their extension campus for 5 weeks. Toward the end of my trip there, I got an email from the university saying that this woman had contacted them looking to see if we had any connections in Thailand. They put her in touch with me, and I found out she and her husband were looking to adopt a little girl from Thailand. We met over lunch while she told me about the daughter she hoped to bring into her family. In 2009 Ruby came to the States to be raised by this incredible couple.

Last year, I contacted Jen - Ruby's mom - because she had BEAUTIFUL tulips blossoming in her front yard. I went over last year around this time to take pictures of the flowers, some of which are my favorite pictures. Jen and I keep in touch from time to time and we each follow each other's blogs. I wrote Jen a few weeks ago about the tulips and also to see if I could take some pictures of Ruby while I was in town. Jen suggested a unique photo op I wasn't expecting. Ruby's 4th bday party was this weekend, and I had the privilege to photograph the events of the afternoon. I loved taking pics of all the details, including the efforts of Jen. She made a beautiful pink cake, homemade pink popcorn, pink cupcakes, pink marshmallows, pink lemonade, pink cookies, had pink rock candy, pink-labeled bottles of water, pink tutus and wands, and a whole host of other pink things....are you noticing a theme? It was so fun seeing these little girls all decked out in their fairy outfits. There was a woman who came to do face painting...she painted little butterflies on the girls' faces...so precious!

This is Miss Ruby...isn't she just darling. Jen and Jeff, thanks for allowing me to spend an afternoon with your little angel. I am grateful for the opportunity to continue to be in touch...and hope that you continue to enjoy raising your little Thai princess!

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. The thanks is all ours, Sarah! It was so wonderful of you to come over and photograph Ruby special day!

    ReplyDelete