Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Brittanie and Matt - married!

My roommate Julie and I received the opportunity to photograph the wedding of Brittanie and Matt. Their wedding took place this past Saturday at the Helen Hills Chapel on the campus of Smith College in Northampton, MA.

The day was beautiful. The sun was shining and it was truly one of the first NICE days we've had here in MA. It's been a loooong winter, so to have a day where the temps. reached 60+ degrees, we were so joy-filled! It couldn't have been a more beautiful day!

Brittanie and Matt had a small wedding; those who attended were close friends. Brittanie and Matt have a young daughter - Kaya - who also came to the wedding.

We had a lot of fun taking pictures, and I realize there is still much I have to learn. Here are just a few of the images we got from the day.

Brittanie and Matt chose to "jump the broom" at the end of their ceremony. Its purpose/meaning is different to each couple who do it...



I just looove this detail shot; Julie was taking pictures of them from the front and I was standing to the side.



We went to this gazebo near the church to take some couple portraits. I was mostly posing while Julie was taking pictures, but this is one I was able to get. The sun was really bright, so we moved around a lot to try and get them out of the direct sun.



Since the number of those who attended was manageable, we took a group photo outside the church after the ceremony.


(photo credit on this image: Julie Bloniasz)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment