Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Outstanding Achievement

Hallmark has a plasma TV screen in each of its two buildings. It welcomes the prospective students and guests to campus, as well as shows the mission and purpose of Hallmark. Additionally it shows images from current students and labels pictures as those having received outstanding achievement.

I was in the Admin. building yesterday doing a shoot with some classmates, when the president walks by and says, "Sarah, I saw your work on the TV...nice job." First of all, I was pleasantly surprised he knew me by name, and second that my picture had made it to the "big screen". It was an exciting moment.

The cycle of images takes quite a bit, so I didn't know exactly when my picture would pop up on the screen. Sure enough, it did...long enough for me to take a (blurry) picture of it.



The assignment I had done this for was during Week 3, where we had to compose an image with lines and curves (2 separate shots). The shot here was line, and I used drinking straws overlapping each other as my object.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment