Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Kayla and Bucky:: Engaged

Dear friends of mine got engaged on November 1st. I was going to PA to assist a photographer with a wedding a few days after they got engaged, and Bucky asked if I'd be willing to take some pictures of them while I was in the area. I assisted at the wedding on Saturday, then went to Princeton with Kayla and Bucky on Sunday before heading back to MA. The day was nice...a bit windy, but relatively warm (considering) for a November day. Stephen came along, too, and was my "light boy". He did a great job metering and helping with the reflector. I couldn't have done it without him.

Here are a few favs of the day:











And as we were driving home, the sun was setting beautifully. I have never taken a successful picture of a silhouette and just begged them to let me try. All of a sudden, the curved road became straight and there was a tiny slope at the entrance of a local middle school. I pulled in quick, told them to get out fast and run to the slope, got my gear, and desperately tried to pull it off. I can't believe I kinda pulled it off. I know it's probably not done technically the way that most would set up a silhouette, but I was beaming even getting something remotely close with a gorgeous couple.



Congrats again, my friends!! I cannot wait to stand beside you on your special day!!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. These are so well done - I was hoping I would find these pics up somewhere. I love the one with Kayla sitting on the ground and Bucky jumping. Also the sunset one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah... I have LOVED reading about all what you are learning and getting to see some samples... I am so impressed. You are an excellent photographer. I love you and it was so good to talk with you the other day. Hope you had a relaxing weekend!! --Christa

    ReplyDelete