Monday, November 1, 2010

Love is in the air....

Two of my very very dear friends got engaged within the last few days....

First I got a phone call from my friend Janice this weekend. She and I grew up together and shared MANY memories together. We worked at a bookstore together for a number of years, and while our first memories together were haunting, we became fast friends (inside joke between us; J- I promise to never lock your kids in closets). We've been farther apart than we've been together, but we always find time to see each other, or at the very least, call each other to find out the latest news. She's been there with me through very tough moments, and we've experienced a host of emotions with one another. She is like another sister to me - a kindred spirit - and I can't imagine my life without her. She and Jeremy (whom I have yet to meet) are getting married in May 2011.

This is an (old) picture of Janice and me, but one of my most favorites:



Then....
I got a phone call tonight from another dear friend - Kayla - who, just moments ago, got engaged. I met Kayla at PBU and my first memories of her are as a school of ed. student who came into the office. It wasn't until I moved down into my job as Director of Student Programs that we became close friends. Kayla was the University Social Committee president (ran all the student events) and then was Senate President. We spent a lot of time together, both in meetings and in social gatherings. She is a special friend and we share many of the same quirks and like many of the same things. I often teased her that she was a mini-me. I rarely had to ask Kayla to do something a second time. She was on top of her many roles -- daughter, sister, friend, student leader, girlfriend, worker at Starbucks (as we have affectionately named it the StarStar) and many others. Kayla is finishing up her senior year at PBU and is currently student teaching. Bucky is a great guy. He has a huge heart and loves Kayla with all he has. Kay and Bucky, I'm soooo soooo happy for you. Congrats.

This is a picture of Kayla and Bucky from spring formal in April:

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. this warmed my heart so much. thank you for being my best friend.

    ReplyDelete