Thursday, April 4, 2013

NYC Adventures:: Day Two

So after we got home from Day One in NYC, I drove home to my parents house in NJ. The following morning I boarded a train heading for NYC -- this time to see friends from photography school. I met up with Rikki and our adventures began. We walked, and walked, and walked some more. After we ran a quick errand, we headed toward the Subway, making our way toward the East Village for lunch with our friend Jeff. We walked through the famous Washington Square Park, where one of my favorite movies was filmed, in part [August Rush].

(all photos were taken with my iPhone;
many were cropped to post on Instagram; follow me @saz810)


And the person feeding the birds reminded me of Mary Poppins, another of my favorite movies -- "Feed the birds, tuppence a bag..."


We met up with Jeff.....


...and he took us to this place called S'Mac...where they serve only macaroni and cheese.


After we left Jeff, Rikki and I decided we were simply going to walk around. Since I don't often get down toward the area we were in, we made our way to Soho, Little Italy, and Chinatown. While in Soho, we stopped at Harney & Sons and sampled some tea (my favorite is Paris), and I think I got Rikki hooked; we each left with a tin of it.


 Then we fell in love with the sidewalk restaurants and the charm that each had:


And finally, we made our way to Chinatown, stopping to see the fresh fish market, the fruits and veggies, and Rikki experienced her first bubble tea at Chatime:


We made our way back into the Subway and I took a few pics along the way:




Trump Soho
One World Trade Center
We met up with Chris - another friend from photography school - and went to dinner at Outback. Nothing says a good dinner like a bloomin' onion. We made a stop at Starbucks before I walked back up to Penn Station to get my train back home.




What a whirlwind two days, but oh, what fun I had!! I can't wait to head there again in a few months.
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Sarah! This was SUCH a fun day...just walking around aimlessly and spending time with you. I loved it.

    It was so nice to see Jeff too! And I love that photo of you and I. We have to do many more days like this soon..as the weather gets warmer.

    I can't wait until I get to see you again. I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a dear friend. I am so very thankful for YOU!

      Delete