Monday, December 6, 2010

Self Promotion

Not only do we learn actual photographic skills, but we also have multiple classes in learning how to run a business. We have classes in Recordkeeping, Finance, Marketing, Web Design, Personnel, and a host of others. One of the classes we've had is Design, where we learn about InDesign and Photoshop (two programs available on the computer). We got an assignment where we were asked to create a 6x9 self-promotion piece, using a picture (or multiple pictures) to convey our business name and contact information.

Since I was really proud of my silhouette shot of Kayla and Bucky, I decided to use it for my promo piece. I then got the idea to use the picture for the whole piece, and capitalize on the black space at the bottom of the frame to write in my information. I used an "eyedropper" (a tool in the computer programs) to select a yellow hue that I liked from the sunset in the picture to be the base for my text at the bottom. I wanted it to be read easily and be simplistic.

I got my grade back today and scored excellently. I really love how it came out....do you?

Pin It

2 comments: