Friday, December 31, 2010

Last Post in 2010

Well, I thought what better way to end 2010 than with a post that truly made me feel honored to be a student at Hallmark.

About 2 months ago, one of the instructors approached me to tell me that Hallmark created a new partnership with the local paper - the Recorder - wherein they will feature a Hallmark student once a week. I was selected to be the second student featured.

The article ran a few weeks ago; it was neat to see a little write-up as well as a pic of me (my mugshot for my student ID card) and then one of the shots I've done while at school. The president likes that picture so much that when I walked by his office a few weeks ago, he has a 16x20 of it hanging in his office, along with a number of other students' prints. How cool!!

2010 proved to be a unique year for me....I was working at PBU, then resigned in June, went to Hong Kong, my back caused major issues (and continues to), came back, went to Hallmark in late August, and now am near halfway done with my journey there. I know 2011 holds a lot of exciting things...my brother gets married in 2 weeks, some of my best friends are getting married this summer, I already have 2 weddings booked for 2011 (and hope to have many more), and I am excited to see what other exciting opportunities come my way.

Happy New Year everyone!!

(click on the picture below to enlarge it)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment