Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Baby Pierce:: Alexandria, VA

I love taking to the road, and a few weeks ago, I went to Washington, DC. A dear friend was in a play and I went to visit the Holocaust Museum because I am writing my master's thesis on Holocaust education. But part of the trip included a much-anticipated visit to see Pierce - the firstborn of my friends Craig and Lizzie. 

Craig and I grew up together and became good friends in high school. Craig met Lizzie in college and soon her name was used more and more in conversations Craig and I would have as we'd catch up on the phone. When I met Lizzie, I loved her immediately. Their wedding day was beautiful and I have grown to appreciate Lizzie as much as I do Craig. I'm thankful to keep up with them, even though hundreds of miles have separated us for the past number of years. They live in Alexandria, VA now, so they aren't too far away. 

When they told me they were expecting their first, I was elated. I am glad I was able to visit them while in town. Pierce is captivating and he is loved and adored by his parents already. Every time one of my friends has a baby - whether their first or not - I feel this innate sense of pride. I think it's because in most cases, I've watched that friend grow/mature and in that moment of becoming a parent, their whole being changes. I see them in a fresh way; their sense of care and devotion is renewed in a whole new way.

Lizzie and Craig - Pierce is amazing. And so are you two. I am thankful for you and for our friendship. I'm so glad to have spent time with you and excited to see Pierce grow in your care.

Love you guys!

World, meet Pierce Thomas.....









Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment