Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Smith College Botanical Gardens:: Northampton, MA

While I was at photography school, one of my instructors always used to tell us about the botanical gardens at Smith College. And each time she told us, it fell on (my) deaf ears. I kept thinking, Eh, I'm not interested.

But as Rikki and I were driving back from visiting our school, we stopped on the way and happened upon the exact gardens we heard so much about. The door was open, and we cautiously stepped inside with our own personal invitation. What we saw stunned us -- how had we not ever gone??

I'll let the pictures tell (some) of the story.














(above) My gorgeous friend Rikki, who is a phenomonal food/still life photographer and a dear friend - went with me on our long-weekend visit to our school. We had a great time seeing each other and while we were in MA, she took pictures of two home interiors. Head here to see one of them. My post/pics to come soon....
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. This was such a fun trip! I loooove your photos and can't believe we never listened to Joan, haha. So, let's see, where are we going next? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ireland? Africa? Dream BIG!! Can't you find an interior to photograph there?

    ReplyDelete