Monday, October 29, 2012

Gleasons:: Washington Crossing, PA

In 2007 I met the Gleasons. Jamie and I began working together in Student Life at Cairn University. Jamie was the Director of Resident Life and I was the Director of Student Programs. His wife, Charlotte, began to teach part-time at the University as an English professor. At the time, they only had one child - Reid. And I took pictures of Reid when he'd visit the office, clutching onto his baby blanket. Charlotte was pregnant with Meg, and once Meg came, it was one of my highlights to visit with their family, eat meals together and enjoy time with the kids. In 2007, a few of us started a dinner night once a week. We continued to grow our group, as people began to date, get engaged, married, and continued to add kids to our numbers. Often Charlotte got the accolades for her awesome meals/desserts. Some of the favs were her cinnamon rolls and chocolate chip cookies.

In the last number of years, I've continued to be close with their family. When I left the area to attend photography school in MA, I'd stay with them when I visited PA. On one of my trips home, Charlotte and Jamie announced they were pregnant with baby #3 and Lewis was born in 2011.

When I realized I'd be moving back to PA, I needed to begin the search for a place to live. The Gleasons told me they were looking into homes, and if I was interested, they'd begin looking for places where I could move in with them. When they found a house, we began talking about me moving in...and sure enough, I moved in during August.

I've enjoyed being near the kids again and love their curiosity and desire to know what I'm doing. They make me laugh. They make me wish for a kid's energy. And I think they are just the cutest to photograph. Here are a bunch of pictures I took with them last week, in the days when the leaves were just about to begin their fall. In a few days, you'll see pictures of them in their Halloween costumes.












Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment