Saturday, June 9, 2012

Sean: Deacon Ordination



This morning I had the opportunity to photograph Sean's ordination into the deaconry, which took place at the Philadelphia Episcopal Cathedral. There were 4 others who were becoming deacons and one who was becoming a priest.

washing of the feet


The service was very formal and followed a liturgical program. The cathedral's website provides a bit more information on today's event.

Sean has been interning at Church of the Crucifixion in Philadelphia and hopes to continue with ministry.

Congrats, Sean, on this very important day!
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Sarah, for being part of the festivities. I hired you because I wanted to capture as much of this glorious occasion as possible, but I didn't want the hastle of stuffing a camera into my pocket and/or pointing my phone at people all day.

    I must commend you for the way you handled the post-ceremonial picture taking. I had multiple groups of people wanting poses with me - family, work colleagues, fellow seminarians, etc - meanwhile, others kept interrupting the posing to say their bye-byes. You were very patient with the chaos and always smiled no matter the situation.

    Thanks, Sarah, for capturing such great images while maintaining a sunny disposition! Looking forward to working with you again at my celebration luncheon on June 24.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sean-
    You are MORE than welcome.
    I hope I worded things correctly above. Let me know if I didn't word it accurately. In hindsight, I wish I had taken my program home with me so I could write more.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. So...in picture three is my cousin Ben Wallis (also ordained that day). That is both weird and very "small world." Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete