Wednesday, January 25, 2012

And belly makes three...

Everything was set. The day, the time, the meeting place. Then came the phone call the night before: "Have you checked the weather? We could get 2-6 inches of snow tomorrow." Ahh! But with a quick change, the maternity shoot with Karen and Mike would happen the day after it was supposed to, and the fresh snowfall would make for a lovely session with some wonderful friends, who are expecting their first baby.

I don't think I will ever forget how they told me they were expecting. I got a text message from Mike at the end of the summer with something like the following: So we're wondering if you do newborn photography, because we'll be needing a photographer around March." I immediately called Mike -- didn't text back -- and whispered, "Are you at work?" to which Mike whispered back, "No".... I don't know why I was whispering. So when I realized I could use my normal voice, instead I screamed... "Karen is PREGNANT!!!???"

Karen is due in a few weeks and has that "glow" about her....I loved the blue sweater she chose, and especially love the shot below with the yellow. We drove to nearby Doylestown, PA and found this beautiful historical museum -- a perfect backdrop for a lot of the pics. They were troopers walking through the snow and especially Karen, removing her jacket each time we found a new spot.

Afterward, we went to Chickie's and Pete's for a delicious dinner and some riveting football on the big screens. Karen and Mike -- thanks for spending the afternoon with me. I will be anxiously awaiting the news of Baby Boy Smiley's arrival in a few weeks.












Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment