Thursday, March 14, 2013

Dani:: Long Valley, NJ child session

I've mentioned my best friend from high school before - when I took some pics of her daughter Dani last year. Dani's 2nd birthday was yesterday! She is one of the cutest, most sweet little girls. I've not really spent time with her in awhile, so I wanted to make sure when I got to Jess and Scott's, I didn't just pull out the camera and begin shooting. I asked Dani to show me her stuffed animals - all lined up atop the couch in the living room - and once she attempted to sit next to me, I realized she had already 'invited me in'. We were good to go!

We took pictures while Jess, Scott, and I talked and caught up. Then between an outfit change, we got some cute pics of her coloring in her 'undies' :-) Jess is having a mermaid-themed bday party for her this weekend, so the pics we were coloring were of Ariel and Sebastian from "The Little Mermaid."

After eating some lunch, we took some more pictures and even got an opportunity to head onto their front steps for a few; the weather was nice enough, even though there were remnants of snow on the ground.

I'm so grateful for the friendship Jess and I share. And it's so incredible to watch Jess and Scott parent this little beauty. The last time I visited she sang "You Are My Sunshine"; I actually started tearing up listening to her sing with such a sweet little voice.

Happy birthday, sweet girl!! I'll write up a more full post - with a LOT more pictures - in the coming weeks!











Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Sarah you are a real talent!
    And I am such a lucky YAYA!
    Thank you for these beautiful photos!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to both of you for the comments. Dani is such a precious little girl to photograph!

    ReplyDelete