Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Flashback to Christmas:: NYC

A few days before New Years Eve, two friends from photography school and I met up in NYC. We traveled via car, train, and subway, then on foot. Our meeting point: Penn Station.


It was one of the more cold days of December, so we bundled up for our day-long walking around the city.

We saw people skating at Bryant Park, meandered around the little shops surrounding it, then headed toward Rockefeller Center to see the ice skaters there. We continued on and had lunch at Potbelly... yum!

We walked up toward the Plaza Hotel, and saw this building along the way. I love the decorations that are up during the Christmas season.


We went into FAO Schwarz and then on our way back, stopped at Tiffany & Co. to admire the expensive jewelry we'd never be able to afford. Funny story....while we were in there, we wanted to go up a few floors to see all the engagement rings. When we got to the elevators, a store worker was 'promoting' the stairs as another means to get upstairs. She said something like, "Take our fabulous stairwells, complete with marble and beautiful bannisters." She used so many descriptive words that I can't remember, but you would have thought these stairs would be made of gold. Well, we walked into the stairwell, more because we didn't feel like waiting for the elevators, and much to our disappointment, the stairs were nothing short of 'normal'.  :-)

Chris and I snuck pictures of Rikki reading in the book section at FAO.
As we got closer to nightfall, we passed by St. Patrick's Cathedral. A service was just about to begin, but it's always something wonderful to walk in and see the history of the building as you look up and around at all the richness to a building like that.


No trip to NYC (for me) would be complete without some cashews from the street vendors. I guess you have to shop around. Some were selling for $2.50; others must have been ambitious in selling for $4 a bag. But I got my cashews and was a happy girl....


We ended our evening with some dessert at a really great little cafe/deli we stumbled upon. I got a fabulous cannoli. Then we went to Starbucks to warm up with some drinks before we headed back to Penn Station for my train's departure.


We had a wonderful day spending time with one another....I can't wait till next time. Here are some pics from my camera (all the others were from Instagram); Chris and Rikki took some of the pics below too.


Photo by Chris

Photo by Chris
Photo by Chris


Photo by Chris

Photo by Rikki

Photo by Rikki

Photo by Rikki




Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Aww Sarah! This is so much fun :) That was such a great day...I can't tell you how happy I am that I was able to see you. I love the shot of us with Santa and is it me or do I look slightly Asian in the photo above that one? haha.

    I'm in Long Island right now for a shoot. Got here yesterday morning and shot all day till 8:00pm. Getting ready to do the same thing today. I'm going to call you tomorrow night, ugh, forgive me for being so terrible at getting in touch this past week. I miss you so much and love you! These photos were great to start my day with! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, my eyes don't look any better in the one of us in front of the red ornament balls :-)
    So very thankful for you and Chris. Looking forward to talking!

    ReplyDelete