Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spying

Today was a relaxing day. I went to church, then we had a big family lunch (Shepherd's Pie...one of my favorites), and then some of my nephews went on a bike ride with their dad, and one (the youngest - Gavin) stayed behind. Three of us went on a quick walk (my sis-in-law Catania, Gavin, and me), then Gavin and I came back and made some chocolate peanut butter bars - yum! - and then I came in to do some computer work.

All of a sudden, my mom comes in and whispers, "You have to come see what Gavin is doing. He's taking trucks from the rocks and bringing them over into the yard. The dog is following his every move."

So, like a creeper, I go to the tiny window in the bathroom and watch my adorable little nephew - the one who held my hand for nearly our entire walk - moving trucks from one spot to the other, as the dog followed behind. I got my camera seconds after the dog realized someone was watching him from the inside, but did manage to get a few of Gavin...and then one of Rudy, as he realized I was spying along with the rest of my family.




I love lazy Sundays, full of good weather, good food, family, and my camera.

Tomorrow is the start of something new. I will be going back to desk work for the first time since the summer of 2010 -- before I resigned and went to photography school. This job is only temp. work, but it does mean I have to get up at 6:30am and wear dress clothes again on a consistent basis. I think that alarm ringing is NOT going to be the most welcomed sound I'll hear.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment