Thursday, December 1, 2011

Mr. and Mrs. Haas

It's exciting to know that my job will allow me to celebrate in the joy of marriage with couples who choose me as their photographer. And it's even more fun when I know the bride and groom, along with members of their families and bridal party. Such was the case with Jess and Phil. Their wedding was in Clarks Summit, PA on a beautiful Saturday. Rain was in the forecast, but held off long enough in the morning for us to get pictures outside. We drove to nearby Scranton - where a graduation ceremony was taking place - and took some beautiful shots near this location we appropriately called "The Secret Garden".

Their ceremony was heartfelt; one of the things I loved about it (and wish others did this too) is that for most of the ceremony, they faced their audience. So often brides and grooms are facing the pastor and all their guests see is their backs. So Jess and Phil, I loved this decision you made.

Their reception was equally as touching. At one point, they played a video, but it wasn't just a photo slideshow...both Jess and Phil had voiceovers throughout the video to thank important people in their lives. I will admit, I had tears in my eyes as I photographed reactions to this video, especially when they thanked their parents.

Jess and Phil, thank you for allowing me to photograph your special day. God held the rain off just long enough...moments after they got in their getaway car, the rains came down!

Here are just a few of my fav images from the day...

              





And many thanks to my friend Natalee who assisted this day. She got some great shots.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment