Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas rose

For many years, my dad has given me a single red rose on Valentine's Day. He walked in from work yesterday with roses for my mom, and a single red rose for me. I immediately noted that the "greens" behind the rose were not the typical ferns you see. He mentioned the lady at the floral counter said they were all out, and hoped these would do. I actually prefer them. The edges are tipped with white and they almost have this smell of Christmas to them, if Christmas can have a smell.

And so I knew my next step would be finding a vase. I knew right away what vase I'd get...the one I got this summer from my friend's wedding. She had looked and looked for the perfect vases, which would become just one part of the centerpieces for her tables at the reception. And she gave me a vase from her special day. It has an antique-like feel to it and yet a modern flair - the perfect fit for me. And so now my rose has a home, in a very special vase, from a very special day this year.

I can't wait for it to open up even more.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment