Wednesday, June 23, 2010

through my lens....

The view from my apartment balcony (I am on the 7th floor).
CLICK ON ANY IMAGE TO SEE IT A BIT LARGER!

(it had just POURED before I took this picture....feels kinda Gotham City-like)








This is the Park-n-Shop, where I go to get basic groceries. It's right near campus, and a quick walk away. It wasn't here last year, the students said. They were finalizing building of apartment buildings next to the school (government housing, kinda like our low-income housing), and put up the Park-n-Shop once it was complete.



This is A-1 Bakery, on the other side of the MTR. It has the most delicious pastry items. I've had a chocolate croissant and cranberry & choc. bread. Yum.



This is just an idea of how tall the buildings are. Almost all the buildings are high-rise ones like this....I would imagine 50+ floors. The funniest part is that people hang their laundry outside the windows on these poles...I asked Colleen what happens if a shirt gets blown off its hanger. She said many times, people will knock on people's doors at ground level and ask to claim their fallen laundry.



This is the public bus. My route is 67A. I will get it right outside the school, near the Park-n-Shop and the last stop is the "big" mall (Sha Tin Plaza, or Newtown Plaza). This is where there are many American stores - Clinique, IKEA, Nike, Body Shop, Starbucks, Haagen Daaz, and the British drugstores.



Pin It

1 comment: