Monday, June 28, 2010

rain, rain, go away, don't come again another day!



I don't know that I've seen it rain as much as it has here in Hong Kong.

It rained ALL day Saturday, not really letting up. It rained yesterday, on and off.

And then I thought there may be some reprieve today...BUT, to no avail.

Class broke at noon for lunch and we decided most of us would go to the Noodle King down the street. A few of us were ready, and so we began, while the others waited for a few stragglers. We figured we might be able to get our order in and not hold everyone up, as they only have an hour for lunch.

We put our umbrellas up, b/c there was a drizzle, but it began to POUR...let me emphasize POUR!

We got to the Park-n-Shop and made this decision: "Let's get food at the Park-n-Shop and bring it back. We are NOT moving forward in this rain." So we got some dumplings (you know I was at least excited), some watermelon, and headed back to cook up our goods at Mark and Corinna's. Another student joined us, and we enjoyed our lunch with smiles on our faces and warm bodies (after changing clothes).

I went onto weather.com and found this for Hong Kong for the rest of the day (CLICK TO SEE BIGGER):
Basically, to sum up: It's gonna keep raining ALL DAY! I DID hear, though, that by Thurs. it's supposed to be 33 degrees Celsius (about 91 deg. F)...yikes!
Don't know what's better....rain or hot. I still think rain. I try and not complain often, but one thing I DON'T like is rain!

Class is going longer this week...till 4:30pm instead of 3:30pm. The content of class is much discussion on cultures and global issues. Right now they are doing skits to demonstrate differences in their cultures. It's fun listening!

More later. No pictures right now. It's too wet!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment