Monday, June 10, 2013

Peonies:: A Haiku

Beautiful pink blooms
Overwhelming the senses
Short-lived appearance







Right outside the house is a peony bush. Each day, I'd walk out and admire the beauty of the bush, and revel in the new blooms each day. I enjoyed taking some pictures of them outside, then some that were placed in a vase for the dining room table. 



What's most fascinating to me is that the 'inside' of a peony is so grand, yet contained within a little ball the size of a bouncy ball. It reminds me of that phrase 'dont' judge a book by its cover' - in that you'd never think all that goodness could be contained in something so small. Oh, the life analogies that could be made on many fronts. I digress.


And here are some from my iPhone:




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment