Monday, November 5, 2012

Leyden Glen Farm:: Leyden, MA

I've mentioned before a farm that I found out about while I was at photography school. While talking with a B&B owner, I learned of Leyden Glen Farms, specifically Kristin Nicholas. A few friends and I went to the farm while we were still at school; we were able to take some of our portfolio images on the gorgeous land that farm owners Kristin and Mark have. I blogged about them before - mostly showcasing their sheep.

Back in August, my friend Rikki and I took a trip back to the farm. We visited with Kristin, while Rikki did an interior shoot for a site she writes for. She did an incredible job of showcasing the amazing artist Kristin is. Kristin painted all of the rooms in her house. She has this ability to make the quaint spaces contain pops of color. The home-grown flowers are in gorgeous vases throughout the home. The kittens pulled on frayed blankets of the rocking chairs. Kristin's daughter, Julia, was abuzz with trying to find people to man a float for a local parade. We had a wonderful time catching up and hearing about the upcoming things Kristin has on her plate.

While Rikki's pictures are so much better than mine, I couldn't help but snap a few shots of Kristin's lovely home....and of course of the cute animals that are as much a part of the farm as Kristin and her family.

Just the other day, I read on Kristin's blog that Archie (one of the Great Pyrenees below) died. Kristin, I hope these pictures are great memories of your lovable dogs, esp. the one where they're nose to nose.
























Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Nevermind Rikki's Work, YOURS are *just as* well done!! The "Close-up" shots are on par with - if not better - than MANY Magazine ones! You appear to have a good natural compositional "eye" with the "Prespective" pics. They *flow*!

    I also quite enjoy your Animal shots - You've managed to capture just the right expressive moment with Them. Especially, in the Eyes... not an easy task. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement. Glad you liked the post!

    ReplyDelete