Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Wedding:: Victoria and Skip

While I was still in school at Hallmark, I had the opportunity to photograph a couple for my final portfolio. While at this couple's house, they mentioned their granddaughter was getting married. They mentioned a family member was going to take some pictures, and casually mentioned they'd call their daughter and see if they would like me to come along and take pictures.

It was raining (hard) on and off the day of the wedding, but when I arrived to the bride's house, the skies cleared and the sun came out. Victoria and Skip live on this beautiful farm in Historic Deerfield, MA, which is the place where we took our very first field trip while in photography school. The church they were getting married in was just a stone's throw away from the house and has just as much history as some of the other buildings in the town.

Here's a picture that I found online:

First Church of Deerfield (photo credit: Google images)



















Here are a few pictures as the events unfolded:

Getting ready in the farmhouse

Victoria's grandpa, who I met when I took a portrait
of him and his wife for my portfolio.

Loved the historicity to this church, especially its pews.




Victoria, Skip, and CC with Victoria's parents

Victoria, Skip and CC with both sets of parents


Victoria's beautiful bridal portrait. I used
this picture in my final portfolio for Hallmark.

The happy newlyweds

Victoria's brother Andrew and his (now)
fiancee Alicia.

Victoria's dad - Eric - and
granddaughter CC
Victoria's brother Andrew giving a toast.

Craig of Hillside Pizza did the catering
and made a special groom's cake
with a cow on it, as Skip is a farmer. 
Victoria and Skip - thanks for allowing me to come and document the events of your special day. Your family was so kind and I am glad that I had the opportunity to meet you. All the best as you begin your life as a married couple.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment