Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Rachelle

Prior to attending photography school, I worked at PBU as the Director of Student Programs. One of my roles was to advise the Student Senate, which is the student government for the school. Two years ago I had the opportunity to advise this great group of students. They decided they wanted to go on a quick retreat away from school, and one of the student leaders offered up his farm as the getaway place. When we arrived, we realized we'd have the opportunity to see all sorts of animals - piglets, goats, cows, and a few farm cats. While there, we had the opportunity to meet this incredible family - the Mecks. They were so hospitable, serving us a great Lancaster county meal, enjoying lots of laughs over a competitive game of Dutch Blitz, and wonderful company.

The Meck's son - Derek - was one of the students on the cabinet (whose engagement pictures I posted here). They have two other kids - Kyle and Rachelle. When we were there for our retreat, Rachelle had just gotten a job with a hospital and was leaving for her hospital shift. Since that meeting, I've kept up now and then with Rachelle. She has such a sweet personality and is one of the most kind people I've had the opportunity to meet. So when I went to take Derek and Jen's engagement pictures at the family farm, I got to see Rachelle again. Her mom asked if I could snap a few pictures of Rachelle, so in this very impromptu mini photoshoot, I took just a few pictures of her. 

Rachelle, you have such a depth to you, and a beauty that is characteristic to those who love the Lord as much as you do. I hope you know how beautiful you are.

                

            
     

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment