Sunday, June 5, 2011

Portfolio Review is TOMORROW!!

The past few weeks have flown by. It's been a combination of preparing my portfolio to be submitted on June 1, photographing a wedding 4 hours away - the weekend before the portfolio was due, and thinking about what's next after school.

I am happy to report that all of my prints and digital files were submitted on Wednesday and tomorrow is the day when I find out if all of my hard work and experiences this year have paid off. Tomorrow my work gets seen by 4 panelists, three of whom will be scoring my work and determining if I hear the words...."Portfolio accepted" OR "Portfolio not yet accepted". Of course, I hope it's the former, but it's been an interesting two days of portfolio review already and I'm trying not to get excited.

A lot of people have been asking what the review looks like....how it goes....and so I found 2 good videos on YouTube documenting the experience for alums who went through this process...

Check these out....

Hallmark Portfolio Review: Sarah Frie

Hallmark Review (overview)

Crazy, huh? Did you watch them both? Yea, give or take some minor changes, that's what I'll be going through tomorrow sometime between 9am-5pm.

I am having a friend video my review, so I can show you what mine is actually like. It will be nowhere near what this one looks like, but you'll get the idea.

And there is still much to do. I am assisting a photographer next weekend for a wedding. We have a video to create, edit and submit by June 16th, and on top of all that, we still have classes, field trips and preparations for graduation on the 24th.

So my mom will be making her way up here tonight, so she can be there tomorrow. I'm hoping we can head to the Yankee Candle Flagship store, as I've waited all year to go with her. And then I will be packing up my room and making plans to head back to NJ for at least the month of July. It's going to be busy, with a wedding I am, two weddings I am photographing, and a few other events taking place that will surely keep me busy.

I'll post the outcome of tomorrow as soon as I can get on a computer and do so....
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. SAZ, I can't wait to hear about how tomorrow goes and I am so incredibly proud of the adventure that you were on this past year! See you at the weddings:)

    -Brie

    ReplyDelete