Monday, May 16, 2011

May comes before June, and June.....

.....signifies the end of Hallmark and graduation from this intensive 10-month program in photography!!!

I have been busy, busy, busy, and realized I've neglected the blog and haven't written since the end of April. One of my very best friends - Janice - got married the first weekend in May, so I took some days to head down to Virginia and be the very best maid of honor I could be. When I got back on Sunday, I was in MA for Monday, then drove to NJ for the night, then mom and I went into NYC for the day on Tuesday, then back to MA on Tues. evening, to attend a full day of classes on Wednesday. This past weekend I had a few photoshoots....one on a farm with 3 great kids on Friday, then a family shoot on Sat. afternoon, then a day in Boston yesterday with a classmate for some shoots with friends.

So now it's Monday, May 16th and I can't believe the month is already half over.

The weather - up until this weekend - has been fabulous. We've finally seen spring in full bloom. It's amazing how quickly the buds on trees became full leaves. For one of the first times in my life have I watched the seasons change with such detail. I'm pretty confident it's because I have been forced to look beyond myself and take stock in seeing what's been going on around me.

Now this week it's supposed to be rainy and a bit chilly. But I press on. I have classes this week and location shoots, and my week ends with a wedding on Saturday for someone in the area whose grandparents I took a picture of.

I have been holding off on posting pictures of my Phase 4 work, b/c I want to show it all at once. But I did have such a good shoot on Friday at the farm that I guess I could show you some of what our landscape was. Wouldn't you just love if you called this home?



I met the owner of the farm - Kristin - through the owner of the bed and breakfast whom I've befriended. And what a connection it's provided! I've been to the farm a few times and each time I go, I am more and more amazed by the farm, Kristin and her husband Mark, and the beautiful land on which they live. They have sheep, chickens, guinea hens, 2 border collies who corral the sheep, and recently arrived baby chicks. Thanks Kristin for letting us come and take pics on the farm. Kristin is also an artist, knitwear designer, and author. She keeps a blog and writes from time to time about the farm.

In the coming days, I'll be telling you about some of the cool shoots I've had and some of the people I've met along the way.

Here's one more of a sheep from the farm. Isn't it beautiful?

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I knew you have been busy but I didn't know you were THIS busy! Good luck with the panelists! So exciting! Love your new website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much. i continue to work on pics of ruby's party. will get them to you just as soon as i can. i know you're dying to see them!!!

    ReplyDelete