Monday, February 28, 2011

Phase 3 Mandatories

A corner has been turned. The hard work has paid off. The models I've met have been incredibly sweet and kind to me. Phase 3 mandatories have been submitted...as of Sunday evening, I submitted my prints and dropped the jpg's into the dropbox on the server.

So without further adieu, here are the photos that were required of us. Click on any of the photos if you wish to see them larger.

1a) Public Relations portrait - thanks to Meghan for being a great model



1b) Alternative to the PR shot (using the same model)



2) Family Portrait - thanks to the Heverly family for modeling for me in their beautiful home



3) Occupational Environmental Portrait - thanks to Rick and the ladies at Sigda Flowers for letting me invade their space while they were making floral designs for a wedding.



4) High Key Female - thanks to Sarah for posing for me



5) Low Key Male - thanks to my model Jeremy for being so awesome and patient



6) Executive Portrait - thanks to lawyer Seunghee Cha for letting me come into her brand new office to take a photo of her. Best of luck, Seunghee with your growing practice and for being on your own!!



7) Child Portrait (done in the studio) - thanks to Gabe and Kristin for allowing me to photograph their son Grayson



8) Outdoor Portrait of a person - thanks to my next-door neighbor CC for allowing me to photograph her



9) Fashion Editorial (shot on location) - thanks to Bryana for allowing me to take tons of photos of her. She was a great model, giving me a VARIETY of shots from which I could choose. Bryana, I can't wait to show you what other shots I was able to get.



10) 2 product shots (shot in the studio then stripped out onto another background with design elements added) Both products need to fit with each other





11) Brochure (done on location of a business, including the following shots: interior and exterior, portrait of a person who works there, action shot, a shot of something from the business shot in the commercial studio, and logo plus design elements and text included)

(front cover)


(back cover)


(inside left spread)


(inside right spread)


12) Reflective metal - thanks to Cleary Jewelers (especially Carrie and Kayla) for allowing me to borrow rings for my shot. I look forward to working with them again before the year is complete



13) Glassware



14) Advertisement of a product plus logo/name of company and some tagline/text to enhance the product - thanks to the Spinas for allowing me to use their newly renovated jacuzzi tub and to my nephew Grant for letting me take all these pictures of him in the tub.



15) Commercial still life (can be used in conjunction with another procedure, so I used mine as the commercial shot for my brochure)



THEN.....today we got instructions regarding our additional personal submissions. So just as we hand in our mandatories, we get the next leg of our photos. We have to submit 8 photos total, 7 of our choosing - particular to our statement of goals once we complete Hallmark - and then a self portrait. We have to turn in those photos by March 18th, which is the last day before our week-long spring break. I am soooo excited for a break from school and have a lot going on over break. I have one of my best friend's bridal showers and the wedding of some good friends of mine.

I'll be sure to update soon.....
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment