Tuesday, October 19, 2010

a post of pictures for your viewing pleasure

Here are some photos that I hadn't included in this post.

To refresh your memory (if you didn't just click on the link above), these are the pictures I was referencing:

+ freedom and the opposite of (basically what does freedom mean to [me]? We had to take a picture of the
representation of this concept, whether literal - a picture of a flag - or figurative - I decided to do a picture of an apple pie with a flag in it. The opposite of freedom was portrayed as confinement; I chose to show this by having my roommate hold a window pane and look forlorn out the window as though she were stuck in her environment).
+ images showing both diagonal lines and curved lines
+ images portraying motion and blur (both to convey speed, grace/flowing essence, and "disturbing" or "weird" images created by motion or blur)
+ an in-class assignment (today) where we had to take a picture that could be used for stock photography if someone were to search for the keywords "couple texting"....i took a picture of two classmates texting near our student lockers.

So here are the pictures of all of the above:













And then here are a few others I've submitted for assignments along the way:

These two are from our field trip to Brattleboro, VT. We had to take pictures of people in an environment. I believe I referenced this trip in this post:





This shot was from our field trip to Northampton, MA, where we had to do the following:
Create a portrait where your subject breaks up horizontal, vertical, diagonal, or curved lines. Add body language and/or facial expression to further enhance the qualities of your composition. Vary your viewpoints to create more impact.



The pictures keep getting taken. The CF (memory) card is getting full then being emptied, the camera battery is being used then recharged, and the things learned along the way are allowing me to fine tune my desired career path.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment