Thursday, July 1, 2010

new shoes, and a few other newsy items

I took a picture of one of the shops at the market the other day - a shoe store.
My sister and I were skyping this morning and she commented on the shoes in the pics, telling me which she liked.

We went to City One for lunch today and lo and behold, they had the sandals and in the exact colors she and I were talking about.



I got an identical pair in black too...


And this was my AH-MAZING lunch today (rice bowl with pork):



And this is the Hong Kong version of our Dollar Store in the States - the $7.80 store:



And Debbie and I went to the mall last night for dinner. We decided to be true Americans and eat at Ruby Tuesdays. While I was in great company, I could have been spared the food. It wasn't all that great. I got salmon (one of my fav meals) with rice and veggies. The rice tasted like they had microwaved it. And I didn't even touch the veggies - they looked like wax.

Then we went to City Super, the supermarket I've mentioned before. We watched the women cook the custard dessert I was telling you about earlier. These pictures aren't that great, but at least you can see what I was talking about. Then, of course, I HAD to get a hot custard one. It was as delicious as the first one.







Here it is....oh, the deliciousness. The custard is on the inside.



After class tonight, we MAY try and venture to Hong Kong Island, where the lights and touristy places are....will update in the AM!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment