Thursday, May 2, 2013

Winner!

I never win anything. Raffles. Contests. Radio call-ins for tickets or cash. But I keep trying.

A few weeks ago, I saw a contest hosted by thinkTank, so I went on and entered. I tried to remember to enter every few days, but since I never win, I think I only entered 3 times total, and gave up.

Today, I am shocked to find an email with the subject "WINNER!"


I knew that the winners got a prize package valued at $550 from thinkTank, but then each round another vendor/company provides an additional item for the winner. Some of the prizes from the previous rounds included a Lensbaby kit, a RODE microphone, external hard drive from ioSafe, gear to help when you're shooting tethered, and a bunch of other fabulous prizes. But I didn't know what Round Ten's vendor was until I went on the blog and checked.

I won.........a tripod from 3 Legged Thing, based out of Britain.

And what I love about finding out about 3LT is that they name their tripods after rock legends. The one that I am supposed to get is called 'Brian', named for Brian May (the guitarist of Queen).
I can't tell you how excited I am to win. I have been thinking about the purchase of a tripod for quite some time, but it's on the 'wish' (not 'need') list. Unfortunately, Brian isn't available, so now I may get Adrian, Eric, Jack, Keith, Tim, Eddie, Dave, Frank, or Tony. Props to you if you know who each of the rock legends are that these tripods are named after.

Thanks to thinkTank Photo and to Three Legged Thing. Thanks to Simon for all your help with helping me select one and for being enthusiastic with me about my win!!

Here's the screen grab from the thinkTank page today....I'm excited to be the first female to win too!




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment